Sweet and Sunny Lo

Welcome to Sweet and Sunny Lo. NO SUGAR ADDED.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Brown is the new white

So to all you fools out there, I am done school for the year.

As I am typing this, I see most of the words on the screen are in Chinese, since I am using my parents' computer, but for some reason, the word blog is still 'blog'. I looked up Chinese blog, and apparently, the winner of the jury prize winner in the Deutsche Welle International Weblog Awards 2004, the first international blog competition is 'The Dog Newspaper', which highlights the unfair treatment of dogs in Asia compared to the Western world. Quoth the Chinese erotic blogger star and jury member Mu Zimei:

"The Weblog can be understood as a parable. The way dogs live is projected onto the lives of humans - dogs' rights onto human rights."

While I don't aspire to such worthy ideals in my blog, it does show how blogs can be a useful source of information. But the problem is, when I check out the blog in question, it's all in Chinese, which raises the question: Do many German know Chinese, or is the largest faction of the jury composed mostly of Chinese people, voting upon sectarian lines. Maybe there weren't enough Germans voting for the sauerkraut blog.

Anyhow, it's only 2 days until Christmas, and I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. I am imagining it will be one huge orgy of people buying stuff at the last minute, me included. Unfortunately for me, I have no idea what to buy, so I will probably end up buying some crappy present that no one will appreciate. (Gee...thanks..... Socks...again...)

Does Christmas shopping really defines one's character? Are you what you buy? Why even shop? Yes, it's one of the great mysteries of life.

And it looks like we will be having a brown Christmas in Edmonton. It's just plain crazy. Maybe I should go shoppin'.

7 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Derelict said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger CanadianAttackBeaver said...

Yeah, A brown christmas was kinda expected over here, but in Edmonton? That's crazy.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Blight said...

Yeah it was RAINING on Christmas day yesterday... lame.

And now Lobo is going shopping again (Boxing Day today), guess you just can't get enough eh?

I got an electric organ (decent Yamaha) for my Dad. We had some jam sessions going on when my bro brought his guitar over (I brought mine as well). Pretty cool, around the fireplace and everything.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

Lobo, what's Christmas like in your house? You guys do anything? Turducken?

Brown chrismas... in Edmonton? Who's still denying the existance of climate change?

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suuuuuuunny! Come to the GOMP New Years party!

OOOOooOOooOooOooooo!!!

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger MistaLobo said...

Just finished snowboarding in Jasper. Me left wrist hurts, so does my right buttocks.

Christmas is relatively benign. Same Christmas tree for 20 years. Christmas Eve at a relative's place. Christmas Day, opening presents. Money and clothing are prominent themes. No turducken to be found.

If the Ghost commands, I must go. Will the Ghost give details, though?

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Blight said...

My right buttocks hurts? But you're left handed!

Maybe it's empathy pain... my right buttocks hurts too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home