Sweet and Sunny Lo

Welcome to Sweet and Sunny Lo. NO SUGAR ADDED.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

New Job, Old Thought

So I got me a new job working in a pharmacy in the north-east end of town. It should be fun, dealing with an interesting mix of seniors, Indian affairs, the slightly downtrodden and various other groups. I'll be working 1-2 times a week. It'll be a good learning experience, on my way towards the path of respectability.

I did some LARPing on Saturday. No, not the stuff with swords and helmets. Rather, I was a pharmacist and an actor played a 50-something year old cancer patient. When she pretended to cry, I wasn't sure what to do. Was I supposed to give her a hug, give her a tissue, or something else? Spying the Kleenex box at the edge of the table, I decided to give her a tissue the moment she shed a tear. Although her eyes were watery, no tears formed. After a few seconds, I decided to give her a tissue anyway, despite the lack of tears. She gladly accepted.

This reminds me of the time in elementary when the teacher brought up the question, "Does anyone know what role-playing is?" Being the D & D geek that he was, Kev eagerly raised his hand, practically foaming at the mouth to answer, like he REALLY had to go to the bathroom, and couldn't wait for fear of his bladder exploding. I'm pretty sure Mike and maybe Warren were also about to explode.

The teacher picked some girl and she answered, saying something like it was someone pretending to be another person, like acting.

When Kev finally realized that we were not going to kill a golem during class, he reluctantly went back to his miserable existence, thinking of the most efficient way to skin a cat.

9 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

what?

seriously, what?

you've got a good-paying job and everything now? On the road to respectability?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger CanadianAttackBeaver said...

Golems aren't gonna kill themselves, ya know.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Blight said...

Congratulations man. Can you "fill" my "prescription" when I'm in "e-town"?

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger MistaLobo said...

Cib: Well, I'm still a student, so I wouldn't call the job high-paying, but just some pocket change for the weekend.

Something that's more respectable than an unemployed, loan-borrowing, basement-living student is a marginally employed, loan-borrowing, basement-living student. Just to clarify things.

Beav: Well, if you wait long enough, a flock of seagulls might attack some golems for you.

Blight: Just what exactly do you want filled?

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Blight said...

Can you fill prescriptions from out of province?

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Derelict said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger MistaLobo said...

Blight: Filling prescriptions shouldn't be a problem, although we might mock you for no reason.

D: Whuzza a gulliver?

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Blight said...

Ah I didn't have time. I'll have to survive drug-free for the next week or so.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Derelict said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home