Sweet and Sunny Lo

Welcome to Sweet and Sunny Lo. NO SUGAR ADDED.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Trip to the Charcuterie

Yesterday, I finished my hospital pharmacy rotation. No patients were harmed (by me) during the course of my rotation. Of course, 10 days is hardly enough to see everything you want. It's barely a cup of coffee, as some might say.

So, at night, I went with some pharmacy friends and friends of friends to Whiskey, Calgary's premiere charcuterie. Fortunately, one of the guys knew the owner, so the guy wearing sneakers was allowed in, despite not fitting the dress code.

As meat markets go, there was a wide range of variety, better than I've seen in Edmonton. White meat, dark meat. There were some prime cuts, meat past its expiry date, and the always popular meat of indeterminate origin. Of course, it was imperative to avoids meats afflicted with Mad Cow Disease, since the effects could be deadly.

There were some really juicy and succulent looking steaks out there, with some real spicy seasoning. They were some choice steaks just sizzling in the pit, stewing and tenderizing in the own juices. Simply mouth-watering.

Of course, there was lots of sausage out there, too, which I was not particularly interested in. There were some strange kebabs on display, too, like a steak sandwiched between sausages.

As it turns out, there is a nice prime rib grilling steak in my fridge just waiting to be seasoned, barbequed and devoured.

Mmmm...I'm hungry.

Update: Thanks for Cibbuano for pointing out boulangerie was the wrong word. Though I gotta say boulangerie sounds funnier.

6 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Derelict said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger CanadianAttackBeaver said...

*drool*

I miss Alberta steak. I really really do.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

It's a boulangerie that sells steaks?

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger MistaLobo said...

Derelict: Yup, Whiskey's is a bar, too, ala the Standard.

Cib: Damn you, where were you when I needed editing? I thought your French was at a homeless level. Now I realize I was thinking charcuterie.

Fine, I'll have to change it all.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Blight said...

I thought that Boulangeries sold meat... don't tell me they sell pastries?? What?

I've heard that the Kobe steaks from Japan are supposed to be of really high quality also.

Lobo I want your next article to be on how you like your coffee. Was it "ground up and in the freezer" or was it "fresh and dark with a lot of sugar"?

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

is coffee slang for depraved sex acts? Is Lobo getting his freak on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home