Sweet and Sunny Lo

Welcome to Sweet and Sunny Lo. NO SUGAR ADDED.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Apath...uhh..screw it

Well, this week is the start of a new school semester. Am I excited? Not really. Do I care? Not really. And that is the problem all along. I just don't care about anything much.

I have a night course right now, which kinda sucks since I gotta go to school at night, it takes up precious time that I could better use doing absolutely nothing. It's a collaborative effort working with all the other health care professions, ranging from Nutrition to Physical Therapy. So I got assigned to a group with 6 other people. Our team name is Raging Hamsters. I think we're supposed to do a presentation down the road, like the great Do Bugs Need Drugs topic. At least it's a pass/fail course, so as long as I don't tell kids to drink cough syrup as if it was water, I should be fine.


What the hell do I actually do with my time? All the ridiculously banal stuff like surf the internet and watch TV aimlessly, looking up sports and shit, perhaps in a vain attempt to increase my knowledge and realize my potential, which is something that I feel I have lost. I feel I got no sense of perspective or reality, other than a dull, nagging sense that I can't do anything, the confidence having been sapped out of me a long time ago. Laziness, passivity. To fear everything, shirking any semblance or responsibility, in a confused, self-consciously obsessed state, perpetually trying to delay the inevitable passage of time.

But do I have anything cool to mention?

I had a chicken donair from Marco's Famous, and quoth the Lord: it was good.

I watched the political debate, like the responsible citizen I should be, and though I really wasn't that interested in it, I still watched it, out of some civic duty. I caught the last half of it.

As always, Harper looked like a robot, evidently with a few smile and frown subroutines added for flavor.

Martin seemed flustered, and frustrated, like a person who has hemorrhoids, and resigned to the fact that they simply won't go away. He was constantly attacked by all sides for any hint of scandal and corruption.

Layton was the third alternative against the Americanized Conservatives and the corruption-laden Liberals. He seems like the guy with the most charisma, yet he lacks real credibility because he is NDP. Like a high-end car salesman.

And what can you really say about Duceppe? He doesn't really have to do anything. He's pretty much a lock to win the votes of Quebec voters. He could show up for the debate in a bath robe and slippers and still win the majority of the seats in Quebec, because he is a francophone in a French-speaking province.

Here's one of funniest movies I've seen in a while, portraying Peter Molyneux, creator of games like Populous and Dungeon Master, as a evil genius game designer, if he isn't one already. Link
Props to Blight for showing us the light about The Movies game. Why actually play the game when you can make movies instead? Too bad I can't play it since I'm still running Windows 98. Well, at least I don't get as many viruses as those using XP. Still, I need to upgrade one of these days.




15 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

sunny, do you live in some alternate reality?

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Blight said...

Man we have to finish that "No, come on" movie!!!!

You got the mic, get skype and we'll do the voices... but you need to upgrade.

We'll talk after I get back from Las Vegas eh?

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Derelict said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Derelict said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Blight said...

Yeah but he can't get away from MamaLobo's sweet sweet cookin'. Actually MistaLobo Senior's cooking is also equally tasty.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

I agree with Derelict, move out. That's what's discouraging you from doing anything interesting - it's too easy to stay at home and eat your momma's cooking.

After all, you went to Europe to have an adventure. That didn't motivate you to live a little?

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

Do you think MistaLobo is actually reading this stuff and NOT commenting, or is he living it large somewhere, and has no time to read our inocuous comments?

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger MistaLobo said...

Well, yeah, I do live in an alternate universe. Wasn't that obvious already?

It's probably from living at home, It has a way of dulling your senses.

Then the crack addiction can take place.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

Don't joke about smoking crack. If it's good enough for Marion Barry, it's good enough for you.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Blight said...

Lobo you gotta get out of the apathy rainbow - maybe you want to take a year off to go teach english somewhere?

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

Teach English? I wouldn't recommend it, unless your really into teaching. I hated those little kids, man. And I hated the big kids.

But on the other hand, it's a great feeling to be a foreigner in another country, people looking at you strangely, people afraid of you.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Blight said...

Actually Lobo said he likes his "coffee" with "cream and sugar", so maybe teaching English wouldn't make much sense, unless he went to Europe somewhere to do it.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

Are you talking about girls or coffee?

I'll assume you're talking about girls. And I assume 'cream and sugar' means that Lobo has a dirty fetish for Caucasian women.

In that case, you must be in heaven, because Edmonton's full of white girls. But you'd better hurry... I have it on good authority that your parents are planning an arranged marriage for you. With a chinese farmer's daughter!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger MistaLobo said...

Actually, some of those farmer's daughters are pretty hot, with nothing to do but farm all day.

Cib, I'm sure you've met some Chinese girls who were eager to get to know you, for a ticket out of the country .

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

Oh yeah, lots and lots of girls would have liked to marry me just for a visa outta there. Nothing turned me off faster than that kind of opportunistic spirit.

A friend of mine hooked up with a chinese girl that couldn't really speak english. All she would say is 'We... marry... when?'

He would say 'never', she'd get sad then ask him again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home