Sweet and Sunny Lo

Welcome to Sweet and Sunny Lo. NO SUGAR ADDED.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Omegle: A Throwback to the 90s

Remember those halcyon days of the 90s, when the internet was in its infancy? Well, it's back. Those awesome chat rooms: AOL, ICQ, Alamak. It's conversation with a complete stranger, from the privacy of your own computer, ONLINE! Check out Omegle. Here's a transcript of one of my conversations. And it helps if you know both Chinese and French. And sorry, it's pretty damn long.

Connecting to server...
You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You: yo
Stranger: hi
Stranger: what's up
You: so, you know the deal: a/s/l
Stranger: i don' know
You: How can you not know?
Stranger: what do you want to do
You: how bout play golf?
Stranger: i'm a new one
You: From where are you?
Stranger: it spend so much money
Stranger: chinese
Stranger: and you
You: chinese
Stranger: yes
You: yes, it is so
Stranger: did you have been here?
You: i look long at the ocean
Stranger: which province?
You: Henan
Stranger: o
You: u?
Stranger: i study in jiangsu
Stranger: i from guangxi
You: wow
Stranger: live in guangdong
You: Guangdong not Guangxi
Stranger: what's your favorite sport?
You: hockey
Stranger: i grow up in guangdong
Stranger: i like table tennis
Stranger: i was burn in guangxi
You: tennis is good sport
Stranger: do you know my means?
Stranger: but i am a new guy
You: 你好
You: I new too
Stranger: i don't want to speak chinese
You: ok
You: You want to English?
Stranger: if you want to speak chinese
You: no.no, i english to you
Stranger: just simply talk
Stranger: ok
You: how weather now?
Stranger: because my English is poor
Stranger: cloudy
You: Engrish good for me
You: sunny
Stranger: thanks
Stranger: you are not bad
You: outside 10 up temperature
You: i no
Stranger: here outside 19
You: u like ice cream?
Stranger: you are a student or a worker?
Stranger: no
You: I is student
You: U study in what subject?
Stranger: i just like white hot water
Stranger: 工程管理
Stranger: i'm a boy
Stranger: and you
Stranger: which university
You: How is water white? Me girls like
Stranger: sorry
Stranger: i mean hot water
You: Henan University
Stranger: do you know my mean
Stranger: it is a good university
You: u mean good
Stranger: 我在苏州科技大学
Stranger: no,no
You: ok
Stranger: i'm grade two
Stranger: and you
Stranger: may i have your name?
You: university four year
Stranger: my name is Wang guibin
You: my name is Xuo Fuichi
Stranger: oh,my study eld sistrer
You: I like sister older
Stranger: ????
You: My sister is older. I like sister
Stranger: i don't understand your mean
Stranger: do you mind tell me your age?
You: 30
You: sister 31
Stranger: oh
You: sister good
Stranger: i was burn in1986
Stranger: but i like a brother
You: have you brother?
Stranger: why you don't tell me your study subje?ct
Stranger: no
Stranger: i have three sisters
You: how 3 sisters?
Stranger: i'm the second children at my family.
Stranger: one elder sisiter,tow sister
You: i from farm, 2 child only
Stranger: may i have your QQ numbers?
Stranger: en
You: how qq?
Stranger: maybe i know
You: know what?
Stranger: your family just 4 peole
Stranger: people
Stranger: i from counryside
You: yes
Stranger: family is poor
You: work hard, but poor
Stranger: you said it
Stranger: you don't know QQ?
You: no
Stranger: i don't believe you!
Stranger: have past the Englsh grade four test?
You: why
Stranger: Every chinese all know use it
Stranger: just you say haven't the QQ number
You: i am chinese
Stranger: you not??
You: what is not?
Stranger: not is a chinese
You: Honestly, I am Chinese.
Stranger: i feel my English so bad
Stranger: oh
You: It's not that bad
You: You are learning
Stranger: why you didn't have a number
Stranger: about it
You: I do not use it
Stranger: understood
Stranger: thank you your words
Stranger: do you have got marry?
You: No, I am single
You: And you?
Stranger: why
Stranger: you like single?
Stranger: i'm not
You: I have not found right female
Stranger: en
You: I am looking
Stranger: i want to find one
You: It is hard to find someone you like
Stranger: i'm not only short,but also ugly.
You: The one must respect me.
You: How can you say you are ugly?
Stranger: just that you love the one,he don' love you
Stranger: just i think
You: he is male. You like males? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
You: You have beauty inside
You: We all do
Stranger: no
Stranger: u don't have my words
Stranger: how do you know me
Stranger: no
You: I don't know you.
Stranger: all people could use he take it place
You: now this i do not understand
Stranger: why you say that i have beauty inside??
Stranger: 可以用他来指代任何人,明白了吧
Stranger: my mobil phone is 150501****3,you could call me. i want to make a friend to you.do you agree?
You: Well, I don't know. You seem like a nice guy
Stranger: no
You: Lonely, but a nice guy
Stranger: i'm just plain guy.
Stranger: hah
Stranger: maybe
Stranger: a waiting love guy
Stranger: aha
You: Tell you what. And this time I am being honest. Keep talking to people here and you're find other people that you are looking for. I don't think I'm the right guy for you. I'm from Canada, and I am Chinese
Stranger: i don't want to say goodbye.but i have to leave.i great to meet you.
You: A bientot!
Stranger: i know you are honest
You: Parlez vous une autre langue?
Stranger: hope you call mae
You: may whatever winds take us to whichever paths we are destined to follow. I have no idea what that really mans
You: er, means
Stranger: me ,too
Stranger: maybe it is friendship
You: Peut-etre
Stranger: or you could send me e-mail.my a-mail is 25834****@qq.com
Stranger: you are who talk with me so long time people
Stranger: thanks
You: Je peux faire ca. Je sais. Je suis vraiment inquete
Stranger: do you want to have lunch?
Stranger: i could not understang your mean
You: Quoi? Comment on fait ca?
Stranger: i'm a wooden guy
You: How can I possibly have lunch with you?
Stranger: come here with me have lunch,it is my treat.
Stranger: aha
Stranger: yes
Stranger: just come to my sckool
You: I’ll just email you, goddammit
You have disconnected.


NOTE: I have obscured the Stranger's info for anonymity's sake. Sorry to any Xuo Fuichi's out there.

2 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger CanadianAttackBeaver said...

So, why are you talking to strange people online anyway? If you want to have an awkward, vaguely unsettling experience, you could have just searched your parent's underroo drawer.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger MistaLobo said...

As you already probably knew, I have no life. And I have been traumatized enough by searching through things I shouldn't have. More awkward than looking thru the underoos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home