Sweet and Sunny Lo

Welcome to Sweet and Sunny Lo. NO SUGAR ADDED.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Sickness that Wouldn't Go Away

For the last week or two, I've had a respiratory infection that has not changed for the last week, for better or worse. The same pattern emerges every day. Wake up. Cough and blow my nose every several minutes. Fight back a fever and headaches. Curse the day sickness made life miserable. Repeat.

I have seen a doctor and got some drugs, but they don't seem to do a thing. I think it's clear the infection is mocking me, messing with my mind. It's just trying to prolong my suffering, like a yapping dog that just grabs onto your leg and won't let go.

I almost wish I was getting worse. That way, at least something would change. Then I would know at least where I stand.

I haven't been going to work the last couple of weeks. I showed once for a couple hours, but then the pharmacist told me to go home, given my coughing fits. I guess it's better if I wasn't coughing on the patients' meds or my co-workers. Something about public health. I still go to school, though. Because well, students are supposed to get sick.

My mom probably thinks I got sick because I moved out and haven't been taking care of myself. Maybe she's right.

8 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

what, you got sick as soon as you moved out? Sounds like your mother put a curse on you.

Or maybe it's psychosomatic on your part. You're mentally creating this illness because you miss the warm safety of living at home.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Derelict said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger MistaLobo said...

It's probably a curse, but why would my mom curse me? If you can't trust your mom, who can you trust?

It has gotten better, but now it almost seems to be getting worse.

I blame Bobby McFerrin. Because I am not happy.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Cibbuano said...

sounds like you weak Canadians have no immune system. Ha!

If you have an ear infection for a month, shouldn't you be getting worried?

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Blight said...

I had a bad flu/cold recently, so I think something was going around. I was so sick that I was literally crying.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger CanadianAttackBeaver said...

It's cause you didn't eat your green beans!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eat your green beenz!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Blight said...

wake up lil dude

you coming to the xmas party?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home